User services guide for the closure period owing to the COVID-19 pandemic
The UGR Library will continue to provide the following services while the closure period lasts:
- Referencing and Bibliographic Information Service via the contact emails of each library of the university’s faculties and schools. Furthermore, users can have an online session with the Library if needed (available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.).
- The Electronic Library is still available to our users, and it can be accessed via a VPN connection (http://csirc.ugr.es/informatica/RedUGR/VPN/). Accordingly, our library users have access to over 172 databases, 59,000 electronic journals and 900,000 e-books that are available under normal circumstances.
This digital library features several collections that are aimed at covering the most relevant and sought-after bibliographies and materials for students, including:
eLibro.net (https://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/biblioteca_electronica/libros_enciclopedias_electronicos/elibronet). It features over 100,000 e-books in Spanish from all knowledge areas.
Ingebook (https://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/biblioteca_electronica/libros_enciclopedias_electronicos/ingebook). It comprises over 2,000 e-books on engineering, science and architecture. This collection includes a number of basic manuals for students of these disciplines.
Tirant Virtual Library (https://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/biblioteca_electronica/libros_enciclopedias_electronicos/tirant-biblioteca-virtual). It features almost 5,000 e-books in the field of social sciences.
ClinicalKey Student (https://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/biblioteca_electronica/libros_enciclopedias_electronicos/clinicalkey). It encompasses 150 e-books in Spanish in the field of health sciences.
In addition, the Library's collection of electronic reference works provides access to a wide range of online dictionaries and encyclopaedias in different subject areas:
Electronic encyclopaedias (https://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/biblioteca_electronica/libros_enciclopedias_electronicos/enciclopedias)
Electronic dictionaries (https://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/biblioteca_electronica/libros_enciclopedias_electronicos/diccionarios)
- Moreover, the UGR Electronic Resource Service will continue to provide support and advice to the users of these services via the suggestion box of the UGR Library (https://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/biblioteca_responde/comentarios) and the following email address: @email.
- Likewise, teaching and research support tools, such as reference management software (https://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/servicios/gestores-bibliograficos/index) and the Turnitin plagiarism checker (https://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/servicios/turnitin/index) will continue to function as normal.
- The DIGIBUG Institutional Repository of the UGR (https://digibug.ugr.es/) will also continue to run normally for student consultations and allow teaching and research staff to archive their documents. DIGIBUG features a database of 47,776 full-text documents that are available to everyone without the need for a VPN connection.
For any queries regarding DIGIBUG or doctoral theses, please contact our service by email: @email, @email
- Loan service: Since the libraries are closed, students will not be allowed to take books home during the coming days of confinement. If the return date for loans coincides with the confinement period, the corresponding date will be extended.
Returning books to libraries: Suspended. You may only use the book return box. View the list of libraries with book return boxes: https://biblioteca.ugr.es/pages/servicios/buzon_devolucion
- Reserving books: This service will continue as normal via the catalogue, but please note that you may not be able to collect the books until the quarantine ends.
- Collecting reservations: Suspended.
- Inter-campus loan applications: Suspended.
- Consulting the "Granatensis" catalogue: This service will continue as normal.
- Inter-library loans: Only available for electronic materials due to the closure of the University libraries.
Please check your return dates regularly by accessing the Library catalogue https://granatensis.ugr.es. Once you access the catalogue, log in with your university email account and consult the "My Loans" section.
We apologise for any inconvenience that these measures may cause, but they are implemented for the benefit of all involved.
The UGR Library has made the “Coronavirus Research Database”, which has been created by ProQuest, available to the university community. ProQuest has made it available to all institutions whose libraries have subscriptions, including the University of Granada.
The database provides reference and full-text information on COVID-19, SARS and MERS-CoV.
Click on the link below to access the resource:
A VPN connection is needed to access this database. In the following link, you will find information on how to configure your VPN:
Access to the medical book collection of Springer publishing house
The Springer publishing house has made its entire collection of medical books from 2015 to the present available to the University of Granada, for a period of two months (until June 2).
You can access the collection of medical books using the Springerlink platform in the link below. The platform also features thousands of electronic books from other thematic areas:
Please remember that this collection can only be accessed via a VPN connection. If you have not set up a VPN yet, follow the steps in the following link: